Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among all peoples.
Psalms 96:3

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The time approaches...

The moment I turned the calendar over to June it HIT me...we've made it...we're finally going to do it....the time has come....we board the plane to Gabon in exactly 23 days!!! Between now and then there is still much to do.


Our fundraising is getting closer every day...God has been so generous.


School is ending this week...graduations...parties...supply-shopping...packing...So so much to keep track of and remember. I forget how much is involved in our missions trips...none of us have the luxury of stopping the rest of our lives to focus only on this aspect.


Herein lies this week's prayer request:

Please pray for us not only as a team, but also as 18 individuals who have much to care for and accomplish before we step foot onto our Air France plane on June 27th. There are jobs to tend to, businesses to deal with, families to provide for and many loose ends to tie up. My own mind overloads with the details I must see to for those I'll be leaving at home and for the one I'll be taking with me. Only by God's grace will I accomplish them all with any sort of excellence. Would you pray God's abundant wisdom over each of our 18 team members and their families? Even after so many months of anticipating and preparing there is so much that COULD cause us to turn our eyes away from the One who has called us to this place. And the enemy delights in knocking us off center.


We thank you for covering us in prayer and remembering us to the Father who watches over each one. May we be worthy of the calling He's placed upon us...

No comments: