Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among all peoples.
Psalms 96:3

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Serving the Lord....

"Those who love their life will lose it, while those who hate their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me."
John 12:25 (NIV)

"If any of you wants to serve me, then follow me. Then you'll be where I am, ready to serve at a moment's notice. The Father will honor and reward anyone who serves me." John 12:25,26 (The Message)


I hope you all are realizing more and more that this is what you will be doing in Louisiana. As you've read through this book in preparation, I hope God is teaching you something new about what it looks like to serve Him...and follow Him. I really like the Message version of the above verses. I like the reminder that if we want to serve Him we have to first follow Him- so that we'll be where He is...and we'll be ready to serve at any given moment when He shows us an opportunity. The first step is ours- aligning our feet to where His are. That's what we're all doing next week....going where the need is- following where He is.

I really believe that God is preparing a path for us. There are people ready to meet us..people He's been preparing for our arrival. Will we be willing to be vulnerable and respond at a moment's notice? Let's pray that we are...pray that we don't miss a single opportunity that He's set up for us already.

Keep reading....keep praying...keep asking the One who's sending us to show us His footsteps.



Just an fyi...be praying for Bethany's family. Her mom is in the hospital, and may be there for the week. Pray that Mrs. Holler will be well by next week and that Bethany will be able to leave without any hesitation or anxiety.

No comments: