Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among all peoples.
Psalms 96:3

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A message from Christine.....

I sometimes get "blogger's block" when I sit here wondering what to write next...but this morning I got an email from Christine asking if I would post some words to you all. I've been updating her on the trip details and she's been reading the blog and praying for us all. Here's her words to our team as we prepare to head out this week:

"May I encourage you in this:

Lately I have been challenged with the idea that each of us are made in the image of God and as we view ourselves and all others, to look at them as though we're viewing the image of God- no matter the outside look or inside person, no matter if they are wealthy or poor, a CEO or unemployed, living large or homeless, no matter a pastor or a prostitute, no matter a conservative or liberal, no matter straight or gay, no matter sober or drunk...all are created by God- in His image-and unconditionally loved by Him. And as a fellow child created by Him in His image, I should look on all and see God- His love and desire for them.

So, as you all go to serve people from every walk of life, I want to encourage you to see them in God's image. Love on them like you can't love enough...listen, enjoy, learn and be open.

Also, remember your teammates are all created in God's image- encourage each other. Love on each other, find the person you know the least and work with them for a day and get to know each other. Be a community of Christ like New Orleans has never seen before!

Know I am praying for you all! I would love to hear from each of you when you get back and tell me what God has dne in and through you."

-CQ


No comments: