Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among all peoples.
Psalms 96:3

Monday, July 12, 2010

I can't seem to stay away...

 I find myself back here this morning...because, though my body is back in Lancaster, so much of my heart is still sitting back in Kentucky with our students.  I woke thinking of them and praying that transition for them is easier than it is for me.  God always blesses me with the ability to be fully present each time I go on a missions trip, conference or retreat with our youth...while still my top priority, "home" is left there for just a little while.{Alex, Nick and Emma...you still matter MORE!!!}  This year I left behind an impending move and all that it entails in the next few days...I barely even thought about the fact that I'd have my head in boxes and cleaning....I forgot all about the fact that I had to work out Alex's student loan information...forgot about the bills that were waiting for me to get home...forgot about the fact that I'm still looking for a job....for one blissful week, my focus shifted from resonsiblility at home to responsibility with our students.  But now I'm back...and all those things are staring impatiently in my face!

So...I figure if these things are battling me, probably they are doing the same for our other leaders and students too.  I'm hoping they all had the ability to sleep in like I did...not sure I'm caught up...we estimate the leaders had about 3-4 hrs of sleep each night. 

{Picture courtesy of Amber Jacoby Photography}

Like I said the other day, it's hard to get right back into things when your heart has been focused in another area...when you've heard great teachers and music and encouragement for 5 straight days.  For that reason, my day is paced slowly and worship music is blaring in the background.

I'm excited to see the kids again at the end of the week.  I'm so encouraged to see that the Lord is working in each of them...and I'm praying they'll keep letting Him.  Often after a conference like this the enemy likes to put his dirty mitts in the middle of our stuff and twist us all up with distraction.  I'm praying that while the kids get back into their schedules and real life that they will be on guard and aware the the enemy would like to use busyness and people to shift their focus off of what God has been doing in them and RUN the other direction before he digs in. 

Students...keep both feet in the fight towards becoming all that God is laying out for you.  Pursue Him continually.  Invite Him to be a part of every corner of your life.  Ask Him tough questions...and let Him answer. Never stop running towards Him and the things that are close to His heart.
 Listen. 
Worship.
Be amazed. 

Holly, Rob, Steve, Kim and I are so proud of each one of you.  We see possibility and anticipate great things in your futures.  You've been set apart for God's use...we pray you will allow Him to lead you forward...

4 comments:

Grupo Tribo De Levi said...

hello, I'll leave my blog here ok? if you could visit will be very happy! leave your name in the comments ok? thanks ... http://soutribodelevi6.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!
http://elpalpite.blogspot.com

Trever (Old account) said...

coolio a bit long lol but I do that too.

Anonymous said...

..are you always on the lookout for another person Christian's life, and well-being? Then I pray for you, fellow-sibling-in-Christ.. I pray for your wellbeing, your heart, your strength.. may you always walk close to the Lord, and with the Lord, may you always find strength, and have strength and may you always have everything you need all the days of your life for your own life and also enough to help/keep track of others - Lord, please drop (us) strength !
Jules