Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among all peoples.
Psalms 96:3

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I woke up with LIFE on my mind...

like so many other times in the last few days, I woke up thinking about our trip next week, and especially our group of students. {they are never far from my mind...is that weird?} During my quiet time this morning I spent some time thinking about some of the relationships that our students have with each other, and that was the topic of my prayer time....I looked at my list of individuals and marveled at how awesome each of these kids are.  They are so unique!  Their personalities come flying out on and you don't have to spend too much time with any one of them but that you've got them pegged....and put them in a group together....they are hysterical!  But, sometimes personalities don't mesh easily and there becomes a division of groups among them. 

So, here's my thoughts on this this morning.  I'm praying for unity among these kids.  I'm praying that the LORD would begin a good work of connecting this group as one body.  Not just by appearance, but thoroughly through each heart. Freshman with seniors and girls with guys.  I'm praying that the guys would accept and encourage one another...that they would also have patience with the girls {even IF, dare I say, there may be a little drama throughout the week...it could happen}.  I'm praying that the girls would encourage and embrace each other...that they would appreciate the differences in personality and really love each other with a Christ-like love {AND not get totally annoyed with the crazy ways boys communicate and express themselves...it's going to happen...no doubt in my mind, I live with teenage boys.}  I'm praying that not only will there be an overhaul of individual hearts, but that there will also be an overhaul of the group collectively.  And that by the end of the week, after spending 24 hours together, each individual student will see the others the way God does.

Among these students is great potential.  There are musicians, artists, athletes, scholars, comedians and more...individually they are something else.  I pray that together they would be even more powerful for God.  I believe HE is working out some pretty awesome things for this youth group.  I see it happening and I'm anticipating that the week ahead of us will mesh personalities, cause them to see each other with God's eyes and begin to really unify them as ONE group, instead of several.  I know it can happen...because I believe it is God's heart for them.

As individual believers we can be strong in this world, but put an army of other believers behind us and our strength grows immeasurably.  That's what I want for each of these students...I want them to know that they always have a group that has their back and will walk beside them throughtout these difficult teenage years.  I believe in their ability to be that group...and I'm anticipating that GOD is in the process of working to make that happen even in the coming week. 


"And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity..."
Colossians 3:14
So, if you wake up with LIFE on your mind...please pray for us.  Pray that each student would come with open hearts and be moldable.  Please pray for the leaders to give wise counsel throughout the week...to give an atmosphere of openness so that the students will free to share and express themselves, if need be.  There's no doubt in my mind that there will be ALOT of laughter and fun throughout the week- we thoroughly enjoy this group- but more than anything, we hope that every single student will arrive home more in love with Jesus and each other than the day they stepped on the bus...



"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement
 give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus..."
Romans 15:5

1 comment:

Hybrid said...

Unity and togetherness. So important.

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/thinkhybrid or check out my blog @ http://hybridnow.blogspot.com/