Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among all peoples.
Psalms 96:3

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cultivate these things...

I spent some time alone at Panera this morning. It seems to be the place I can focus best--go figure--a cup of coffee, a bagel and my Bible and I'm all ears!
I'm finishing up a great book on Paul's Journey of Faith (by Beth Moore--my favorite!) and I thought so much of all of you, my teamates, as I read. These words were written for Timothy..Paul's words of encouragement to him. But, they are for us, too. For those who struggle...those who wait...those who trust...and those who wonder what God's up to. We may be in an unknown place in this world, but our lives teach. And, because of that, we have a responsibility to "keep at it"...to live lives of offering and worship.
"Get the word out. Teach all these things. And don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity. Stay at your post reading Scripture, giving counsel, teaching. And that special gift of ministry you were given when the leaders of the church laid hands on you and prayed—
keep that dusted off and in use.
Cultivate these things. Immerse yourself in them. The people will all see you mature right before their eyes! Keep a firm grasp on both your character and your teaching. Don't be diverted. Just keep at it. Both you and those who hear you will experience salvation."
I Timothy 4:11-16
(The Message)
"...one of God's priority goals is to raise up and encourage passionate, persevering servants who are completely abandoned to His will..."
we are living proof that He exists...

No comments: